School Meals Supervisory Assistant
1.75 hour per day from 12.00 - 13.45
Scale 3 point 3
We require a School Meals Supervisory Assistant (SMSA) with excellent communication skills and experience of working with children to join us at Coteford Junior School as soon as possible. The successful candidate will work as part of our lunchtime team to ensure supervision of the children and cleaning of the lunch area during the lunch break. Duties will include:
• Supervising the children at lunch times being aware of pupils’ activities at all times;
• Ensuring polite behaviour at lunch tables and offering assistance to pupils requiring help with their lunches, sometimes on a one-to-one basis;
• Ensuring that all accidents and injuries are dealt with in accordance with school policies;
• Tidy and sweep the floors, and wipe down the tables before storing them in the cupboard at the end of lunchtime;
• Supervising the children on the playground and organise engaging play activities.
This will be a permanent contract, subject to satisfactory performance reviews
If you would like to know more about our school, please look at our website.
CLOSING DATE: 23rd April : Interviews week commencing 26th April
CVs will not be accepted. Please visit crinklerecruitment.com for details of the application process.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check